GCF Preparation Day
This course is suitable for people who are preparing to take their GCF Exam. The course is a balanced mix of discussion topics, practical application and a review of the likely exam content. The course is provided by a Guild Examiner.
- Overview of exam criteria as set out by the Fine Art Trade Guild
- General discussion and Q&A session to review any areas of concern candidate may have
- Overview of Fine Art Trade Guild’s GCF Study Guide
- Review of 120 multiple choice questions
- Discussion to ensure candidate has a thorough understanding of the Fine Art Trade Guild’s Mountboard Standards and their function
- Discussion to ensure candidate has a thorough understanding of the Four Levels of Framing and their correct applications
- Review of tapes and adhesives and their correct uses
- Discussion and practical advice on candidate’s three prepared pieces
- Opportunity for practical tasks to allow candidate to amend or adjust their three prepared pieces under supervision
- Review and practical session on potential exam tasks including:
- mount cutting – single, double and multi-aperture
- hinging art on paper
- mount decoration including ruled lines and V grooves
- lacing textile art
- frame cutting and underpinning
- glass and board cutting
- canvas stretching
- Review and Q&A
Please note that although the course provider is a Guild Examiner, this course is arranged privately and not via the Fine Art Trade Guild. The trainer will be able to advise on what standards they would expect to see from a successful GCF candidate. As an examination preparation day, direct exam questions will not be used, except for the published 120 multiple-choice questions. Examinations are booked and paid for directly with the Fine Art Trade Guild office, but the trainer/examiner will be happy to discuss suitable dates.
What you need to know
This course is available in: All locations.
Courses run throughout the year, and can be arranged directly with your chosen trainer.
Course Times – 9:30am – 4:30pm including breaks.
Bring with you: GCF Study Guide, your three prepared exam pieces with detailed photographs of internal elements, a notebook & pencil, ruling pen, ink or paint, rule, corner gauge, any other preferred small tools and your lunch.
Cost: £450 inclusive of VAT where applicable.
The course is designed to be on a one-to-one basis. Subject to agreement, a second person from the same business can attend at a supplement of 50%.